The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my buddies at work has a c-15 14.6L and he keeps destroying his valvetrain this last time it came back from peterbuilt with a new head and turbo any thoughts:shrug: :93C_peelo

Attachments

·
26 tires rolling
929 Posts
im sure others will chime in but I have seen multiple cases of broken rockers on c-15's.

the two that I seen first hand were guys that run with their jakes on all the time.

And have been know to rev the snot out of it to catch enough of a lower gear to really slow the loaded unit down.

Are you in the wild well control business? It a business I have always been fascinated with. I got to meet Red Adair once when I was 13 years old. I was an inch taller than he was but I knew he was the real deal.

·
There's your problem.
220 Posts
Make sure the bolts for the jake/rocker arms are torqued in the right sequence. Make sure the Jake stud's torqued is correct. Lash could be a factor. There has been some service letters concerning exhaust rocker arm breakage in the past back a few years ago also.

·
2,824 Posts
Have them make sure they are putting the right parts in it. I know a guy that went through the same thing on his 3406E, after CAT got involved they discovered that they were putting C-15 valves in it, after the right parts no trouble since then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts