The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the updated version with the narrow sealing surface rings. I am thinking about replacing them all . I have carefully lapped them twice now and now have a small flutter. My question is has anyone tried the aftermarket replacement pumps for the 108-2104 Cat pumps. I see them listed from ctp and others for around 70 bucks each, delivered. I think the Cat ones may have come down a little in price but are still around 185 bucks each. Would not shock me if they were made in same plant. I have noticed that some of Interstate-McBee Cat replacement pumps show to be made in Germany. Haven't checked on this part number though.

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure they can . i think mine originally had the wide ones. I am starting to think that lapping is not so effective on these narrow ones.

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out that the new ctp brand b&p's and sticks are made in Italy.

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would sure like to know. Very tempting to give a set a shot. I don't know about Cat Classic, but I would chance these aftermarket units over Cat Reman. Who knows?, Cat Classic is probably the same plant as CTP and GT etc. I can not picture that big of a market for there to be very plants set up worldwide to clone the oe part. Except maybe Asian stuff and I was assured these were not from Asia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts