The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your opinion on this motor.says its rated at 425.is it reliable,fuel efficient ect.my last motor was a 3406a freakin nightmare.dont wanna repeat that mistake.gonna use the truck for local enddump its a daycab.would you guys recomend this motor? Its in a 97ford daycab.im also gonna look at a 93fld 120 w a series 60.the fords is way nicer truck 10sp,,alum rims,all virgin tires like new,good ac ect.is the ford lighter than the freight?

4,829 Posts
A 10spd is NOT a good selling point to me! LOL I'll take a 9,13 or 18 over one ANY day! lol

can't say on weight difference. The ford trucks can be light as well. My uncle used to have 2 LN9000 Fords. Both with a 290hp Cummins and 13spd.

271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats so bad about the ten speed?seems every truck round here has one.i drove one for about a year seemed fine.its way flatter round here in tx than in ca where i drove the 10.but the truck was only 50k where ill be at 80 w a end dump.so whats so bad bout em

4,829 Posts
Absolutely HATE the ratios on the 10. Aren't worth spit for the mountains either.

10s tend to be fleet spec trucks, IMO. I prefer O/O specs. Being able to split gears can mean a LOT sometimes.

631 Posts
most c-10 are rated for no more than 370 Hp. You will need to post the complete engine serial number so it can be researched as far as the highest HP rating it cango.

Also a C-10 grossing 80.000 lbs pulling an end dump will be miserable to drive, because it has no power

· Registered
1 Posts
most c-10 are rated for no more than 370 Hp. You will need to post the complete engine serial number so it can be researched as far as the highest HP rating it cango. Also a C-10 grossing 80.000 lbs pulling an end dump will be miserable to drive, because it has no power
Ditto on the no power. I drive a 2004 perterbuilt bed dump with one and I gross a max of 60k and it's tough sometimes. We've nicknamed it turtle....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts