The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2,824 Posts
A turbo isn't really an internal.

His engine would have the same injectors in it as a 600hp 7cz so injectors don't need changed to get by with a 600hp file.

·
2,824 Posts
It's pretty easy to figure out on the forums who knows there stuff and is willing to help. Thanks for sharing the appropriate info. Turbos aren't that expensive and are easy to change.
All depends on who you buy the turbo from.

·
2,824 Posts
I don't blame Kurt at all. Doing business with him in exchange for the knowledge he has shared with us in countless post, knowledge that can't be bought, isn't too much to ask.
On the tuning I see it that way, but the turbo can be bought anywhere, and the old version of the stage1 or cat700 I can buy for $1650, so forgive me when I think giving $2100 for the same turbo is a little off.

·
2,824 Posts
Your one to talk about ego, and I have heard about some of the stuff you built after the fact over multiple phone calls.

Who has five phone numbers?

Who was it that got their panties in a bunch and left over me saying that cat still uses a bearing in a 1900hp V12 that has the same physical dimensions as a narrow bearing from a B model.

·
2,824 Posts
That is true for sure. Often cheaper isn't better. I also have no problem spending a few more $ on parts from someone if they are giving me advice and provide service after the sale. There is a lot of good information and misinformation by following mr googles links. My time is worth something, if I can cut thru the BS by talking to a real person it's money well spent.

The forums are a good place to share information but remember sometimes you get what you pay for. Negative posts usually don't accomplish much at all. "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" it may be tough to do sometimes.
You might want to look at the posts and see which negative comment came first.

You assume that because it is cheaper than it is a lesser quality part, that is not true, it's genuine BW, what information about the turbo might you need after the initial sale, if you bought the proper turbo than there shouldn't need to be any.

Oh, and no turbo information I have came from Google or any other search engine nor any other of my information so you can drop that **** right now.

·
2,824 Posts
As far as know, there are no low nox files for 6NZ, because when the C-15 was built, CAT already built it to accommodate the new emissions standards from EPA.

Anyone that has more info on this, chime in.
His sarcasm didn't make it through, but he does know that.

·
2,824 Posts
What about a file before the 177 files, would a 160-xxxx be compatible with a new ecm or does it fall under the same locks.

·
2,824 Posts
Just for something to talk about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts