The Diesel Garage banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lenny, I think two of them are very similar to what you have, the third one seems to be built only for oskosh and is 950hp with split manifold twin turbos on it, it uses what everyone considers to be the 1000hp cam and very large injectors, and revs to 2300rpm.
i had a C-18 built from a s/n feim Oshkosh 950 hp and 2,400 ft lbs at 1,400 rpm. In long hood Pete pulling my 9 axle lowbed. Loved that engine. BuiltSS headers, ran two parallel turbos, separate stacks separate air-cleaners. Fkn awesome! Google Chrome For Kids Burnout. Or Daryl Wear Contracting. My old company. My wife ranmy pilot truck and she hated that Pete, always issue for her to get by me loaded on hills lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a C-18 built from a s/n from Oshkosh emergency truck 950 hp and 2,400 ft lbs at 1,400 rpm. Bought short block from Finning Caterpillar then a C-15 head which is same as C-18. In long hood Pete pulling my 9 axle lowbed. Loved that engine. Built SS headers, ran two parallel turbos, separate stacks separate air-cleaners. Fkn awesome! Google Chrome For Kids Burnout. (video) Or Daryl Wear Contracting. My old company. My wife ran my pilot truck and she hated that Pete, always an issue for her to get by me loaded on hills lol
Im guessing they went with compound turbos in trucks as you can see it was tight on this longhood with engine set forward.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Tire Cloud Wheel Truck Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Vertebrate Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Machine Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had a C-18 built from a s/n feim Oshkosh 950 hp and 2,400 ft lbs at 1,400 rpm. In long hood Pete pulling my 9 axle lowbed. Loved that engine. BuiltSS headers, ran two parallel turbos, separate stacks separate air-cleaners. Fkn awesome! Google Chrome For Kids Burnout. Or Daryl Wear Contracting. My old company. My wife ranmy pilot truck and she hated that Pete, always issue for her to get by me loaded on hills lol
Nice setup you had. Curious how the twin (parallel) turbo setup performed. I don't think I have seen that in a truck setup, most I have seen are compound. Been putting together some build specs for my truck when I resto-mod/rebuild it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts