The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super *********
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally have decided to yank the cab. The hole in the Flex tube is so bad that I can't even build boost anymore half the time.

What else should I be doing while I have this baby apart. It is going to cost $ 3000.00 just to lift the cab at the Dealer! Might as well address anything else whilst I am there!

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
and 3k to lift the cab? what is book time on that i bet it is half of that
A buddy of mine that is a diesel tech at Ford quoted me $2400 just in labor for an out of warranty head gasket and stud job. I believe everything to do a gasket job is around $1500....and then Elite studs are like $850.

·
606 Posts
3,000 for a cab off is a flag. A call to another dealer for a quote would be interesting.

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
A buddy of mine that is a diesel tech at Ford quoted me $2400 just in labor for an out of warranty head gasket and stud job. I believe everything to do a gasket job is around $1500....and then Elite studs are like $850.
yeah that is fair,if not a little low. i read the post as 3k to lift cab no parts involved with that

·
Super *********
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer just called. They are going to drop the tranny instead. They have done "several" of these up pipes (Leads me to believe a weak point) and the mechanic apparently he has done this before. So studs are out. I dont know why the pipe from a fixed manifold to a fixed turbo has a flex joint in it. Perhaps heat??? I will let know know the costing as it progresses

·
Super *********
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The SAGA continues. I was told that I have no warranty after I imported this vehicle from the US to Canada. I knew about that, and that is why I waited to repair it. But a Florida State Law (where I bought the truck) Forces manufacturers to honor an emission warranty for 5 years regardless of where the truck is. PERFECT as it is the EGR that has failed so the $ 3200.00 repair is now covered. But they have discovered a $ 1100.00 A/C compressor is gone so the cash goes to that instead

1 - 15 of 15 Posts