The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, on the 7.3 forum there's a conversation about common railing a power stroke, we figure the best way to do all of the computer stuff is to adapt it from a d-max, along with the fueling assembly it being a v-8 and having tuners to re-program it, my question is how many sensors does the computer use to locate the rotating assembly? th power stroke only uses one and if the d-max uses two or multiple engine positions sensors, i guess not just cams, it would be alittle bit of a problem for anyone trying to figure out the adaptation, i figred this would be the place to post this, you can move it if it's wrong

·
2,509 Posts
if any one has any information on the size and dimensions of duramax injectors that would also be a big help.
also where are the injectors located on duramax heads? is there any one making custom tips for them:shrug:
thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dmax have a crank and cam sensor, one of each.
The injectors are located in the very center of the cyl. What dimentions are you looking for?
There are several companies doing tips, contact me for the best in the market at this time.

·
2,509 Posts
thanks for the info.
The reason we are concerned about the injector size and location is because the idea floating around right now is to machine a slug to fit into the old injector hole that you could slide a duramax injector into and use. anyway the dimensions I need are the diameter and length of the injectors where they slide into the head? it my also require changing the angle of the spray pattern to make it hit the piston dish properly.
here is a link to the thread in the 7.3 forumhttp://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52201

·
2,509 Posts
do the sensors pick up off of gear teeth or a tone wheel?

·
Registered
41 Posts
pontiacross said:
do the sensors pick up off of gear teeth or a tone wheel?
The sensors picks up off a wheel you bolt on the gears, would be very easy to duplicate on another motor.
Here are some measurements, not exact
.300 tip bore 1.200 deep
.8425 injector bore 2.600 deep
Understand?

·
2,509 Posts
TonyBurkhard said:
The sensors picks up off a wheel you bolt on the gears, would be very easy to duplicate on another motor.
Here are some measurements, not exact
.300 tip bore 1.200 deep
.8425 injector bore 2.600 deep
Understand?
is that tip diameter of .3in. and 1.2in long
the actual body of the injector is .8425in. and 2.6 in long plus some more sticking above the head or is that total length?

·
Registered
41 Posts
pontiacross said:
is that tip diameter of .3in. and 1.2in long
the actual body of the injector is .8425in. and 2.6 in long plus some more sticking above the head or is that total length?
Those are bore measurements not injector measurements.
The injector is about 8" overall.

·
2,509 Posts
Thanks that's a big help. I'll have to do some mesuring but I think that should fit inside the 7.3 injector bore easy enough.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you so decide to to do this it would be best to us an LBZ set up, We have stand alone injector driver units to run this motor up to 6000 RPMS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.