The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big Cam Power!!!!!
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently got a Big cam Cummins 300hp I believe missing Data plate one oil filter and a strange looking oil pan not one that Ive seen on the big cam models I've come across....anyway my question is can I take a 475 cam,pistons and injectors timed it to .72 and be ok with what do I need to to make this successful ...Thanks any info will be appreciated.

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Hello I recently got a Big cam Cummins 300hp I believe missing Data plate one oil filter and a strange looking oil pan not one that Ive seen on the big cam models I've come across....anyway my question is can I take a 475 cam,pistons and injectors timed it to .72 and be ok with what do I need to to make this successful ...Thanks any info will be appreciated.
If it matches an existing CPL number. pistons, injs, cam, timing, turbo, heads, manifold

·
1,138 Posts
And also the 475 HP used two turbos and a different rocker box. You would need all of the twin turbo piping and larger air cleaner.The 475 used a extra thermostat on the side of the block also.The 475 is a variable timing cam follow engine with the air controls for it so sounds to me you need a different engine.

·
Big Cam Power!!!!!
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And also the 475 HP used two turbos and a different rocker box. You would need all of the twin turbo piping and larger air cleaner.The 475 used a extra thermostat on the side of the block also.The 475 is a variable timing cam follow engine with the air controls for it so sounds to me you need a different engine.
From what I understand I can use the cam in this engine with matching pistons and injectors the 475 cam is often use without some of the listed items you mentioned above in a standard block single tu rbo entry.....The boyz over at pp says timed it 80 I prefer .72

1 - 4 of 4 Posts