The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a place to go in late July where we can camp and then go drive on the beach. Considering North/South Carolina and maybe as far as Georgia. Nothing too touristy, prefer places like state parks that are quiet and clean, but that have water/electric hook ups.

Any suggestions are appreciated! :D

·
118 Posts
Check out the Outer Banks N.C. I believe Salvo has campgrounds and Corolla is a 4x4 only area A.E. Drive on beach. I went there two years ago beautiful area.Just got to look out for the Jack arse kids with jacked up trucks they dig big ruts and do donuts etc.So in other words while driving look for sudden drop offs where they were.

·
Ford Motorhead
54 Posts
None of the National Park Service campgrounds have onsite water & electric. All the privately owned campgrounds on OBX of NC have water & electric. We do the NPS camprounds in the spring and fall. Its too hot in the summer to be without electricity.

·
97F-3504X4PSD
120 Posts
We have plenty of campgrounds around wilmington NC. Carolina Beach is great for driving out on (4 miles of beach), but air down to about 20#. :salute

·
528 Posts
Try the outerbanks. My wife and I just picked up a pop up camper so we can go out there. There are a couple of spots to drive out on the beach there. Try Oregon Inlet or Cape Hatteras.

·
48 Posts
Too bad you are so far away ... We have camping out the wizwang and a 20+ mile long drivable beach ...

·
194 Posts
Cape Hatteras is a good spot. We didn't camp but we did drive on the beach for awhile. It was pretty nice. We'll be going back next year as soon as I get a TT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts