The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I posted a possible problem yesterday with the CPS. Now I know its something else. I changed the cps this morning but the truck will not fire. It will turn over good but it will not catch. A little smoke comes from the tail pipe but not a lot. I pulled the fuel filter and checked it out. It looks fine and there's plenty of fuel in the bowl. I hear the fuel pump kick on when I start the truck but still no fire.

I've seen on other post possible problems with the EGR, not real sure what it is, or the HPOP. I looked on top of the motor and there is a little standing oil. Not a lot but definately some. I also hear a slight hissing sound coming from the driver's side of the engine block. Can't see anything though. Can anyone help soon.

I'd love to speak with someone in person if you think you can help. Just email me your number. Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
try the colorado powerstroke club website, there may be someone right close to you who can help. I know Rocky with Rockin S Performance knows these motors inside and out the colorado website is www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com he is bigbully or RSP.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
dog3434,

It could be a number of things, a stuck IPR, bad ICP sensor,etc. The only way to know for sure is to hook up a scan tool and watch it while you are trying to start it and look for things like oil pressure, not enough heat in the cylinder(glow plugs),etc.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I don't have a scan tool so I can't check codes. I pulled the 5 amp fuse that was blown from under the dash but it didn't do anything. my manual says it was for the fog lamps but they worked fine without it. Not sure what it was. My wife came out and helped turn it over while I layed on the engine and checked everything out. I'll be dammed if it didn't start after 3 tries with her. It died before I coule get to the gas pedal and it won't start again. I'd really hate to pay for a tow but I don't know what else to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts