The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've been lookin around at different tuners and I really like the all the controls you can get with the edge juice platnium. I was readin a thread a couple down from this and one guy said he was runnin an sct tune with the edge can you do this without riskin serious damage? And can you display read outs other than boost, egt, rpm, and backdown % on the screen because I want to get boost, tranny temp, and egt gauges on the A-pillar.
all advice is apriciated.

·
37 Posts
Yes you can do this, but is it the smartest thing to do in respect your head bolts and head gaskets, I would say no. Depends really on what SCT tune you're running and what level you have your Edge on. If you do this, make sure whoever is doing your SCT tune knows that you are running an Edge also. The gauges you can monitor on the Attitude are...Boost, EGT, Barometric PSI,Battery Volts, Speed MPH, Engine Coolant Temp, Engine Oil Temp, Gear (also if Torque Converters locked), Intake air Temp, Load %, Run Time, Trans Slip %, Trans Temp, Throttle %, Boost, RPM, and one of the most useful to me- Backdown % due to High EGT's. These can be displayed four at a time, and can be changed in under a minute.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think some people are running the Edge box with an SCT tune that is for the trans only. Gives them the best of both worlds. Adjustability of the Edge, gauges, etc with the great shifting of the SCT. It's not a bad idea but, obviously, adds cost to the equation.

WS

·
925 Posts
Be carefull running the Edge and SCT together if you have any more than a tranny file loaded. They will fight each other and you will loose performance.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I am going to be getting an Xcal2 and im running an edge right now..I am going to get a Performance tune from Doug most likely..i am going to keep the egde in but run on 0 just for the guages..I am wondering will this work? Also will it back me down due to high egt? Thanks

·
37 Posts
That will work, I have a friend with a Duramax that came out of ATS that is doing that, just using the Edge for Gauges, keeping it on 0.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts