The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone out there know how to do this or at least pop the lights apart for me then please PM me! im trying to black out my head lights and i dont know what the he11 im doing. Id much rather have someone else do them that knows what their doing. If you know how to do this PM me and we can go into further detail. Thanks

·
Wyoming Cowboy
157 Posts
I've read where they are heating them for about 10 minutes in a regular house oven at 200 degrees (get oven up to temp and turn off, then stick light housings in). Then they are able to seperate the housing.

Been thinking about something like this too but haven't got the nerve yet.

Cheers,

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
the oven works ok but you gotta reheat over and over and if you dont get it in the first couple it will cause the lens to get millions of tiny stress cracks from the costant temp change.
get a heat gun and have at it, the 1st one will probably take an hour and the 2nd a couple minutes, atleast thats how it was for me at first.

·
Team White
727 Posts
There is a thread on one of the forums where someone just did this. Alot of people have done it actually.

·
2,183 Posts
Matt P just did it on the org and made a thread.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
forget trying to do them myself. out of the question...i'll pay someone to do them. anyone have a link to that thread?

·
Team White
727 Posts
I wish someone would do a set of white headlights...I want to see it done so bad.

·
139 Posts
Yeah thats right now I remember. I think I still will go with harley lights.
Agreed, I'm thinking of painting mine the Dark Grey to match up with my bumpers and flares... Waiting to see how your's comes out with all the stuff painted white though.... P.S. Got your package yet from me?

·
Team White
727 Posts
Agreed, I'm thinking of painting mine the Dark Grey to match up with my bumpers and flares... Waiting to see how your's comes out with all the stuff painted white though.... P.S. Got your package yet from me?
Yeah, I got it yesterday and put it on. That thing was tough to put on and get straight and even but looks good. I already had two people ask me about it. I like it alot and definatly changes the look of the back of the truck. I am having my truck detailed tommorow and I will post some pics.

Thanks again!:thumbsup

·
139 Posts
Yeah, I got it yesterday and put it on. That thing was tough to put on and get straight and even but looks good. I already had two people ask me about it. I like it alot and definatly changes the look of the back of the truck. I am having my truck detailed tommorow and I will post some pics.

Thanks again!:thumbsup
Pssshht you think that was tough?? The ones that I have on my truck are even thicker and harder feeling, I made those out of our Motocross materials just to help with rocks up front... Then after I put it on, I quit makin em outta that stuff....

·
Team White
727 Posts
Yeah it was really nice though. I put it on and pulled it off a couple times cause it wasnt straight, the glue is so strong that it pulled the blue paint off the emblem!

·
139 Posts
Haha that's news to me! Hope I never want blue ones again... That glues pretty crazy though, that's what's required in the motocross world tho... One thing tho, next time your tailgates in the sun for a while give it a good rubbing so the glue really activates, otherwise a pressure washer with cold water could possibly blow it off.....

·
Team White
727 Posts
Yeah, I live in south florida but its been cold here....well cold for us that past few days. I will rub it down a couple times make sure the glue disperses nicely.

·
2,183 Posts
colton I've been talking to a company from the org located in Cali. They do the headlights. He said turn around time would be 3 days + shipping. Cost would be ~$240 with powerstroke.org discount If I remember correctly. Pm me if you want me to give you their info.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts