The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Stacking (running two electronic power adders) on the 6.0 has been shown to be the quickest recipie for stretched head bolts and blown head gaskets..My opinion is your asking for trouble in a relatively short time frame....
j.schall

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
SCT gets my vote..The only advantage the banks product has is switch on the fly which for me is not important...A custom SCT race file will out run the six gun...and you can have your egr turned off. and you can have custome files for injectors, turbo's and other aftermarket products.. I do not know if the six gun has any Transmission control other then defueling...the SCT does..
j.schall

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok what type of tranny control does the sct have and also wat is the purpose of cuttin out the egr?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
closing the egr reduces your egt's by about 100 or so degrees..and your no longer pumping soot back through your intake manifold and engine....The Sct increases line preasures and clutch applications and stuff to help it handle the added power..and you can have the shift points/firmness set to your liking...
j.schall

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
Yep, I have a buddy here that ran his 6 gun with a SF SCT...needless to say he warped the heads....TWICE!

·
Future Fummins!!
92 Posts
i used a 6 gun for a while and the sct will flat blow it away. in fact i still need to sell the 6 gun my truck shifts like it should and the converter is now locked. I love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts