The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you order an 2008 f350 with a cummins in it???

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ummm are you serious, or are you trying to be funny?

For a good 15grand you could probably swap a 6.7 in.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
no I think you have to get a F550 or maybe its F650 to get a cummins in it. No to stir the pot or anything but why in the world would you want to waste a good truck???

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im being serious.... i hate powerstroke's.. i hate the way the dodge 3rd gen truck looks... so if you can order a f350 with a 6.7. i would order that...

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
:poke: I just messing with ya but now that I think about I wanna say is the F550

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok.. i know you were messing.. i was just saying.. i dont know anything about the f series.. can you get a f550 in a pickup verison??

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I don't think so but you could pm Randy on here He has a Fleet Ford Dealership in Denver I think I am sure he could tell ya

·
2,106 Posts
550 Still looks like a pickup, but is very heavy. I think you have to get up to the 650 for the cummins option, which no longer looks like a pickup.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can order a Sterling which is pretty much a dodge with a cummins in it, I think thats about as close as you can get to a "ford" product with a cummins unless its a F650/750

·
2,821 Posts
The F-650's and F-750's have the option of a Cummins, but these are Medium Duty Trucks. Chris

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
You want a cummins.....BUY A DODGE....just saying. I would think that dodge and cummins would and probably have a contract stating that they cannot do much business in the same vehicle classes with a competor. It would be like trying to buy an international truck with a cat, even though you might be able to does it make any sense? Not to me. This is in a way similar to my hatred for Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, or even Fords with a chevy engine in them. they arn't totally the brend thet they are badged.
I think that we had a better shot of getting a CAT or a Ford design engine before a cummins.
These are just my opinions as to the brand loyalty or consistency which I like to see in relation to vehicles. Call me borderline ubsessive compulsive but that is just the way that I feel.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I could be wrong but I think in the F650 you can get a cummins/stoker/ and even a Dmax but I could be wrong:shrug:

·
29 Posts
Cummins engine will fit in f250 or f350. Diesel World(April 08) printed an article showing the swap. The truck is a '05 and the engine is a 5.9 but sizes are very close to the 08s.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yah it'll fit but whats hes asking is if he can order one with a cummins already in it, and the answer is no. It would be cool to pick the body style pick up you want and the motor you want but you can't. Its not like big rigs.

·
61 Posts
I thought you were going to get a dodge 6.7? You want a cummins from the factory it has be a dodge. Sorry thats just part of it. What is next...... chevys, yotas, make up your mind.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like someone on here said earlier the closest you could get is Sterling with the Bullet. But that is just a Ram 5500 re badged with the 6.7L Cummins, and an Allison, which I have never used but always argue the TS is the best auto I have ever driven but thats personal preference. As for the Cummins thing I don't think this guy is serious, he supposedly has a friend with a 6.4 even then you would know you couldn't get a Cumins, hes just trying to stir up the pot.

·
Registered
334 Posts
kip said:
I could be wrong but I think in the F650 you can get a cummins/stoker/ and even a Dmax but I could be wrong:shrug:
In the 650s you can get a cummins, powerstroke, and caterpillar.

·
2,106 Posts
why the heck would anything think that you could get a dmax in a ford truck even a 650????

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok guys... wasnt on in the past couple days... so here's my answer to everyone;s question

I want a cummins.. I hate dodge's new body style... I like the way the new f350's look.. so i thought why not see if you can get a f350 with a 6.7.... i want a cummins not a powerjoke.... so now that you guys helped me by telling me i cant order a f350 with a cummins.. im just going to have to get use to the new 3rd gen style looking dodge truck's..

So last time.... I'm getting either a 5.9 or 6.7... im done with this thread

1 - 20 of 24 Posts