The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a “what if” question but I may be looking for a light duty aluminum drop deck trailer. This would be for a Kenworth T270 or something in that range. It would need to be rated between 25 and 35k with a beaver tail and ramps, not sure on the length yet. Kind of like a hot shot set up, low profile. All I can find is goosenecks for pickups and large trailers for class 8 trucks, nothing in between.

·
2,126 Posts
This is more of a “what if” question but I may be looking for a light duty aluminum drop deck trailer. This would be for a Kenworth T270 or something in that range. It would need to be rated between 25 and 35k with a beaver tail and ramps, not sure on the length yet. Kind of like a hot shot set up, low profile. All I can find is goosenecks for pickups and large trailers for class 8 trucks, nothing in between.

We had to have one made for our company to tow our Cherry picker. It's hard to find a trailer for a MD truck.

·
26 tires rolling
929 Posts
Why does it "HAVE" to be aluminum. a steel trailer like your describing would be HALF the price of an aluminum one.

if your feeling wealthy you can call the guys at MAC im sure they would be happy to crank one out for you. Just don't balk when they throw a number at you.

And what your describing isn't really something anyone would build to sell on a lot or a dealer would order for stock. their pretty rare and would most certainly be custom built.

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Why does it "HAVE" to be aluminum. a steel trailer like your describing would be HALF the price of an aluminum one.
Good point it doesn’t need to be aluminum but that is what I was hoping for, or at lest an aluminum deck.

What ever the material I was looking for a manufacture that makes these on somewhat of a regular basis, trying to stay away from the word custom, it seems to add to the price. Some engineer has to sit at a computer for a week and draw it up, where as if they have manufactured these they have existing models numbers, prints, experience, ect..

Looking at MAC they do make some nice looking trailers.

·
2,126 Posts
Like I said you're probably going to have to go custom to get something like what you want.

·
4,827 Posts
What is wrong with a semi trailer? You have a KW to pull it. See plenty of MD trucks pulling huge gooseneck stock trailers around here as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts