The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to use Castrol TranSyn or similar TES-295 in a Torqshift?

They don't specify anything pertaining to Ford, just Allison transmissions.

Amsoil's clone of the TranSyn (Torque-Drive) says it can be used in Mercon SP applications.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

·
3,306 Posts
If it were me i'd only use the SP or LV fluid in the stock tranny. I have suncoast's built tranny and they recommended just good 'ol mercon/dextron ATF, but when i put the suncoast converter in this spring...i'm switching it back to the SP. I've heard of guys using the amsoil without issues. Just as long as the fluid states that it is good to use in transimissions where SP and LV fluids are required. If it is...then i guess try it.

·
Duramax/Allison
375 Posts
Find out of TES-295 is approved in your transmission, there are literally dozens of these out there, including TranSynd which is branded for Allison, but sold also by Castrol under a generic name which I can't recall right now... So if it's spec'd, I'd go for it.. it's extremely durable stuff with very superior sheer resistance compared to Dex III. I dumped out my Dex VI (Koolaid) less than 200 miles after I drove off the dealer lot an went to an Allison service center to replace it.

·
68 Posts
AMSOIL Synthetic Fuel Efficient Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATL) is recommended for automatic transmissions and other applications requiring DEXRON® VI, MERCON® LV, SP or Toyota WS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts