The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SDP c15 Cat that has oil coming out the exhaust and I can't find what's causing it.

Overhauled 1 year ago 15.2:1 pistons and rings. Instead of buying the packs I just bought the piston body and 3 rings separate. I reused the rod, pin, and sleeves since there was less than 40,000 miles on them. CAT Reman head put on last year.

Now I have oil in the manifold at every port. Oil in exhaust side of turbos. A small trace of oil on intake side but only about 1/50 of what's on exhaust side. Just enough to make it shine in spots. Truck was running strong to this point. Since it is every hole I don't suspect the rings. I did double check part numbers and orientation of the rings to make sure they were installed properly. Local machinest looked at head and said there is no seals on the valves on exhaust side. Could this be the problem? Or is it possible the seal went out on top turbo exhaust side and the oil is draining back into manifold after I shut the truck off? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts