The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some serching , but didn`t find much. Will removing the cat on a 2006-2007 5.9 cause problems with the warranty on the cummins? I live in Indiana they don`t check for this stuff.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I am needing to remove the cat on a customers truck, is there a kit that anyone offers? This truck is a 04 5.9CTD 3500SRW 2WD with auto trans and 400K on it with the original cat, so I am sure it is more than plugged!

If anyone knows of a kit, or what I will need then please share.

Tony

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know deleting the cat is against epa laws, which most likely tranlates into no warranty. I`ve been doing some searching and i think there are some cat delete parts out there. Or look for a turbo back system . Mbrp, I think makes one, not 100% sure though!

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
699 Posts
yes, i would think that it would void the warranty, and yes there are cat delete kits out there. I just went to the muffler shop and had them make me a delete, costed me aboout $50 installed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It really depends on your dealer! I ask them if I could cut mine off and they said yes! I have had warr work done and they fixed it wth no problems!:dodge

·
35 Posts
Before I cut mine out I called the dealer and was told that it would void the exhaust warranty behind where I cut. They also said it would not void the engine warranty. It may be a dealer to dealer thing so I would check with them first

Brian

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Thanks guys.

Tony

·
79 Posts
Play it safe & ask. My dealership said no problem, so we installed a "test pipe" at the shop(No liability). A piece of 4" and a mig worked great. Mileage seems to have gone up a little and the cat stink is gone! GET R DONE!:smoke

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Federally it is a NO NO, but I've have yet to have any problems with getting any work done since my cat fell off about 3 days after I bought the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts