The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08' with a turbo back 4" AFE exhaust and H&S tuner. At 67500mi I received the Perform Service, there are no codes to go with it so my guess is that it is only to warn of the CCV. With no DPF on the truck do I need to replace the filter as often?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I have an 08' with a turbo back 4" AFE exhaust and H&S tuner. At 67500mi I received the Perform Service, there are no codes to go with it so my guess is that it is only to warn of the CCV. With no DPF on the truck do I need to replace the filter as often?
Does it say "See Dealer Now Preform Service" Take you HS tuner and clear codes. I think what you are getting is from the exhaust being changed. They all do it.

The reason I this is because if it is an Air Filter or CCV Filter warning I am 99% sure it tells you what filter needs to be changed.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it say "See Dealer Now Preform Service" Take you HS tuner and clear codes. I think what you are getting is from the exhaust being changed. They all do it.

The reason I this is because if it is an Air Filter or CCV Filter warning I am 99% sure it tells you what filter needs to be changed.
I have had the exhaust since 35000mi and never had a code. I have checked and there are no codes. It only says Perform Service, nothing about see the dealer. I am certain that it is based on 67500mi.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I have had the exhaust since 35000mi and never had a code. I have checked and there are no codes. It only says Perform Service, nothing about see the dealer. I am certain that it is based on 67500mi.

Perform Service Indicator
Your vehicle will require emissions maintenance at a set interval. To help remind you when this maintenance is due, the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) will display “Perform Service”. When the “Perform Service” message is displayed on the EVIC it is necessary to have the emissions maintenance performed. Emissions maintenance includes replacing the Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) filter element, cleaning or replacement of the EGR Cooler, and cleaning or replacement of the EGR Valve.

See your local authorized dealer to have the “Perform Service” message cleared and reset.

PERFORM SERVICE INDICATOR - RESET
Unless reset the “Perform Service” message will display on the EVIC each time you turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position to indicate a emission maintenance is required. To reset the “Perform Service” indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance) refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start engine).
2. Press and release the brake pedal two times.
3. Fully depress the accelerator pedal slowly two times within 10 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.
NOTE: If the indicator message illumination when you start the vehicle, the “Perform Service” indicator did not reset. If necessary repeat this procedure.

Ok, its one in the same. If the overhead says Perform Service it can be clear by the above method or you can just clear codes with your tuner even though there are not any and it should clear up.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Just clear it out bud same thing happened hear and i had been deleted since 20k and now almost ready to hit 100k and no problems. Good info Neel! IS there a sticky on how to cleat these annoying indicators LOL?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Just clear it out bud same thing happened hear and i had been deleted since 20k and now almost ready to hit 100k and no problems. Good info Neel! IS there a sticky on how to cleat these annoying indicators LOL?
That info is from the sticky!

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I don't have the DPF or egr on the truck is the consensus NOT to replace the CCV filter and just reset the indicator? Thanks for the Info

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Filter is 60 bucks from Geno's. Its really you choice if you replace it or not. Either way you gonna have to clear the overhead.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Like Neel said either way you have to clear it...1 way $0 the other way $60 i still have my $60 LOL! Neel i didnt realize till after the post

·
73 Posts
replace it it will get saturated with oil and if you trace the hose that causes the vacuum it leads directly to your turbo which means that if you get oil sucked up into your turbo it will go into your cooler. Its your choice I tried to explain this to someone and they more than less wrote me off as dumb. Check for yourself.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I am pretty sure as picky as I am, Ill change the filter and loose my 60 bucks. but, it only cost a little more to go first class the first time!

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Not saying its not worth the piece of mind im just to lazy and tight *** LOL. If its plugged it will continue to announce Perform Service yada yada yada till you change it. There are plenty of guys runnin around wit STOCK trucks that havent changed it and lots that are tuned and still havent changed it. But anyways your choice

·
Banned
713 Posts
What is a CCV filter?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
CCV=Crank Case Vent..Filter.keeps oil out of turbo inlet

·
Registered
93 Posts
My dealer replaced my CCV filter this week at 48k miles. I ordered it from Geno's Garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts