The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Check engine light. Here are the codes that it is showing me. P0546 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High - Bank 1 Sensor 1, P2080 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1, P2081 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Intermittent Bank 1 Sensor 1. I have changed the three sensors on the Dpf. Does any one know what else I could try before I have to pay $120.00 for someone to hook a computer up to it? I called ford and they said that it might be getting too much fuel and I needed to bring it in. I tried another place and they told me they don't have any experience with what I told them. Please help.:help

·
Tow Mater
194 Posts
p0546 Possible causes: EGT11 signal circuit open or short to high voltage, damaged egt sensor.
P2080 Possible causes : corrosion or poor mating terminals or wiring, damaged egt sensor, extreme changes in ambient air temp soon after key on engine running.
P2081 Possible causes: Loose electrical connections, damaged wiring harness or connectors, damaged egt sensors.

With this it looks more like it is either going to be bad sensors out of the box, or you have a wiring issue somewhere possible broke, intermittent, rubbed etc. Any more help needed message back

Reactions: Phrogcrew
1 - 2 of 2 Posts