The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
dagon dagon!
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so about a week ago i noticed the lights on the bed of my truck started to act up on me, first off i was on i-5 when my strobes cut out on me... i checked the bulbs... they work fine then i noticed sometimes if the switch is on sometimes while moving the bed they will flicker on for a second then last night i come home from a tow to find that ALL the lights on the bed except the left tail/brake/turn light were out. no marker lights, no reverse lights or alarm... flood lights still work great tho... this evening i noticed on bumps my marker lights will flicker and sometimes when im sliding the bed the markers will go out then come back on any ideas other than gut wiring?

·
1,224 Posts
so about a week ago i noticed the lights on the bed of my truck started to act up on me, first off i was on i-5 when my strobes cut out on me... i checked the bulbs... they work fine then i noticed sometimes if the switch is on sometimes while moving the bed they will flicker on for a second then last night i come home from a tow to find that ALL the lights on the bed except the left tail/brake/turn light were out. no marker lights, no reverse lights or alarm... flood lights still work great tho... this evening i noticed on bumps my marker lights will flicker and sometimes when im sliding the bed the markers will go out then come back on any ideas other than gut wiring?
The flickering on bumps and during bed movement says to me there is a loose or corroded connection someplace:confused: Since it happens when you move the bed, odds are its in the bed area instead of chassis or where the wiring harness transitions from chassis to bed. This type of problems can make one go :wtf:damnit:gaah Tracing wiring problems can be a pain in the :bubba. you will need a beerdrink

·
dagon dagon!
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this outta be fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts