The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I currently have a pos craftsman chainsaw that I spend as much time re-adjusting due to poor design as I do actually using it. I think it's time to look for a new one! I use it a few times a year and cut down some pretty good sized stuff on our 4 acres. I want something with plenty of power that will last but not break the bank either. What do you all suggest? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Stihl is probably the best you can get, my uncle has a tree removal business and uses nothing but stihls they start when you need them too, no problems except minor tuneups here and there, a little more pricy but one will last youa long time, if you'd rather have something else i would say go for the husqvarna. IMHO

·
361 Posts
Stihl.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
stihl user here..

·
HOSS PERFORMANCE
248 Posts
stihl or if they even make them-echo is made by stihl but is not quite the commercial line.

·
4,024 Posts
Stihl hands down 066 for some real cutting power :Thumbup:

·
4,024 Posts
The 044 is nice too not too heavy with a 18 or 20 inch bar but has the power to handle a 36 incher if ya need it.

·
2,821 Posts
I've heard good things about stihl, however around here Husqvarna is very popular. Chris

·
1,627 Posts
Don't ever get a POS Husqvarna Chainsaw as they blow chunks :barf: :barf: :barf:

We put them on the brush trucks & they are crap, hard to start, run like chit and best of all even with a sharp chain can't cut thrugh a tree on fire:shrug: :shrug:

Even melted the plactic casing on one of em setting it down on the hot ground (no active fire, we were in the black) while digging a fire break.

They are crap, just crap :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

·
4,024 Posts
Wheres the PSD version??:shrug:

·
4,024 Posts
Sorry, I was implying the 7.3 PSD. Everyone knows the 60's puke!!

:popcorn: :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts