The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 5.9's since 1991.5 there are many problems associated with cummins engines although they are still my preference. Dodge trucks on the other hand have for a long time left much to be desired.

I haul a tri-axle stock trailer with a GVWR of 22000lbs (cattle, horses and hay). 4X4 is an absolute MUST. Without going the step of purchasing a brand new 2012 truck or going to a five ton truck the only option I really have is to look at an f450 or f550. I take my resistol hat off to ford for manufacturing a truck that can meet my needs.

the question is....the 6.4 was used in years 2008-2010...did ford make improvements during that age range?? is the 2010 truck LESS problematic than the 2008??? should i purchase a 2008 that has had some modifications OR a low mileage 2010 that has a warranty??? thx...vs

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
The only tangible differences Ford made from the first run 6.4's was the radiators and coolant hoses. With that being said, most of the 08 6.4's should have had replacement radiators installed by now.
I myself was a Cummins guy and ended up back with Ford because the truck itself blows the Dodge truck away. No comparrison in the quality of the build

1 - 2 of 2 Posts