The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my truck the check engine light comes on for about two minutes, then it goes off until the next time I start it. I don't have any mods on my truck, bone stock. Just replaced the CPS last weekend, don't know if this has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?

·
0 Posts
Yep...pull the codes and go from there. It could be any number of things.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
disconnect the pcm harness connector, turn the key on but dont start. see if the check engine light is on? If yes you have a short to ground in circuit 658 a pink wire with a light green tracer. If no it might be the pcm? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
BKWilhelmy said:
When I start my truck the check engine light comes on for about two minutes, then it goes off until the next time I start it. I don't have any mods on my truck, bone stock. Just replaced the CPS last weekend, don't know if this has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?
Do not play the guessing game, pull the codes and go from there. You will be spending your money wisely.

I sell a cheap scanner if you do not have access to one.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
dfuser said:
Do not play the guessing game, pull the codes and go from there. You will be spending your money wisely.

I sell a cheap scanner if you do not have access to one.
:agreed: pulling codes is the first step! pcm=powertrain control module. circuit 658 is a wire for the check engine lamp. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts