The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today, me and my friend bart decided to straight pipe his 6.4 to see what it sounds like straight piped before he buys the delete for it.. And the video on youtube arent that great... so we did it for ourselfs...

now the check engine light is stuck on and we know why it is.. but anyway to get rid of it besides taking it to the dealer??

i got a video.. it sounds like just turbo's flying past but in person you can hear it kinda wants to sound like a 6.0

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Jeff,
I do believe that you guys have lost your minds:damnit
Did you all run a DPF delete tune at the same time?
Does your friend care about his Warranty?
Or are you guys just "crazy kids" and want to go fast:sly:
I am guessing the later:woot:
~Mike~:usflag

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok update... check engine light gone... how you may ask?? it wouldn't go away for i dont know about a day and a half.. then as we were driving to CT.. it disappered.. the truck fixed it self..

And

we dont have a delete for the truck.. we just decided to take it off and drive around for a while...

ill post the video in the AM

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
after 500 miles it will go into constant regen.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah we know that.. we only drove around in it for maybe 20 miles at the most.. we just wanted to get some sound and videos

·
Registered
136 Posts
Diesel's aren't all that great in the exhaust sound department. Although I must say it's a perfect balance, unlike a gasser which at times might get stupid loud. The V-10 would have done that job :D, but to each his own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts