The Diesel Garage banner

Check out my newest go fast part

7K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  smokin24valve 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks good man,How do you like that new coating on the header ? it is supposed to be better at holding the heat in and last longer. I have some for the 7.3 here in stock and I know you will love yours as much as I love mine . Let us know what the coating does after you get to WOT driving ,Cool ? :thumbsup

Ron / RTA

#3 ·
Will do for sure & I have been wide open a few times (ran it thru 3rd & 4th up to around 100 MPH) & I got a big drop in EGT's but Im just trying to take it a little easy on it till i get my leak fixed.

#4 ·
How is the sound ,does every one seam to turn their head now ? my exhaust sounds sick though my headers . did it put some bark in that dog or what?

#5 ·
Actuly it just sounds EXTREAMLY CLEAN! My last manifold (Stainless Log style) had a SICK sound to it like the "bark" you are talking about. But this thing is just really free flowing almost sounds like the motor is not having to work as hard. & the turbo freaking SCREAMS!!! when you get on it. Nomatter how you look at it I LOVE The sound!

#6 ·
Dont really know how to describe the sound. Smooth & clean Vs. i dono raspy maby??? screw it its hard to describe all you need to know is it sounds freaking good! LOL

#7 ·
Oh and again can someone please post the pics up over hear for me? TIA again

#8 ·
Drive that thing down here to Fiesta island tonight,we will be throwing roosters off into the bay and having a camp fire .Just be some San Diego Trucks playing around .:happymugs

#9 ·
I wish i could man! come down to truck nights next week if you want to check it out:thumbsup

#10 · (Edited)
that looks sick here ya go

#11 ·
Thank you sir! there is one more pic of it installed on page 3 or 4 I think it is if its not to much trubble. YOU ROCK!

#12 ·
not a problem at all.:thumbsup i put it with the other 2.

#13 ·
Your the best! thanks bro!

#14 ·
anytime

#16 ·
Omg that looks awesome. Did it move the position of the turbo at all. I wonder how that wouuld fit with my twins. Now it would have to be flipped upside down but other than that as long as it doesn't reposition the turbo at all it should work right? Where did you get it and how much did it cost. If you don't mind me asking. And again it looks killer.

#20 ·
The turbo is in the exact same position as befor. Im sorry guys I really cant say what i paid for it. They told me that they are working on one that is maid to be fliped for twins. This one can be fliped if you have a oil filter bypass kit like the AmsOil one otherwise it comes to close to the oil filter.

wheres the video?
Sorry man I dont have any vids:(

yeah, too bad Zeb aint got stacks :( oh well, perhaps in time :happymugs
Ya we will see about that. At one time i thought about getting stakcs. we will see:goodvsevil

#18 ·
:coal :peelout

#19 ·
yeah, too bad Zeb aint got stacks :( oh well, perhaps in time :happymugs

#22 ·
8 inch all the way. Check out my profile for pics of mine. You have yo let me know when they make one that can be flipped. I WANT ONE!!!!!

#23 ·
When I orderd mine they said they were wroking on the new one. Like I stated befor (i think) They said the only reason this one could not be flipped is becouse it comes to close to the oil filter. But becouse I have the AmsOil bypass kit my filter has been relocated so they said I could flip this one with no problims.

#24 ·
#25 ·
Stacks :rock

#26 ·
Bill, the above stuff bout flippin it over dont pertain to stacks :D they pertain to more turbos :D :D

#28 ·
Ok I had an exhaust leak @ the turbo flange. I got the leak fixed & OMG I love this header! I would say that low RPM spool up is at least as good as the stock manifold with much better mid to high range power. & my EGT's are around 100-150* cooler with normal driving/crusing & at least 200* cooler when on it HARD! I could hit 1450-1500* pretty easy befor & now I have to try to really try to get it to touch 1300*+. I can get it up there but I really have to try! Last night I set my Edge on kill (lvl 6+5) & stood on the throttle from around 55 mph in top gear & stayed in the throttle till around 115-120 mph & I just barly hit 1300-1350*. Befor I would have backed out of the throttle WAY befor that bec of the high temps & now I can stay in the throttle as long as I want to with out getting them. Its great I wish I would have got this a long time ago! I highly recomend this product! Its not cheap but IMO well worth the money!

#29 ·
Where did you get this header? I talked to a guy months ago who was running a test-market, and I lost his number. He seemed like he really knew his stuff, and assured me that I could keep my existing S&B setup. Yours looks great with the ceramic coating and it sounds like it was a good investment.:thumbsup

#31 ·
It was made by Polydyn in texas & yes it seems to work great, I wish I would have goten it a long time ago.

Hey Mopar Man where are u on the new engine? Is it done yet? We neeed pics!!!
Hoping to have it finished this week & in the truck shortly after that:thumbsup

#32 ·
Did you get your header ceramic coated. I just got mine today but I ordered mine coated. Mine is grey and not shiny like yours. Just wondering if its right or not. Also did you use the bolts they gave you or did you use the original ones.

#33 ·
Mine is coated grey also, The pic in the avatar is just one they e-mailed me. & I used some of there bolts & some of the factory ones depending on witch was easyer for the location of the bolt.

#35 ·
Www.polydyn.com is there website which doesn't give a lot of info. But there contact ino is there just give them a call.

Reactions: Sabbath5.9
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.