The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
603 Posts
Same thing I got just not the rear blocks. So far so good its holding up fine.

·
156 Posts
Did the spacers for the track bar make the axle center out right. Just put the similiar kit in but did not get the spacers. So ordered them up, because the axle shifted about an inch to the driver side. Hopefully that takes care of it. any input or pics?

·
313 Posts
I'm not familar with leveling kits. I always wanted to lift mine but never had the money. But that seems like a good deal.

·
313 Posts
jethrow said:
2005 and up??

what about the 2003's thats in the price range that I can justify to the wife

I want one!
I actually sent them an email asking if they make them for a 2004 with the build date of july 03 as soon as I get a response I'll let yall know what he says.

·
313 Posts
jethrow said:
2005 and up??

what about the 2003's thats in the price range that I can justify to the wife

I want one!
I sent them an email if I can get one for my 04 with a build date of 07/03 I can let yall know as soon as they reply

·
2,821 Posts
Keep in mind that the early Super Duties, through 2004, had leaf springs in front and the newer ones have coil springs. Us older ones need to add leaves to the spring pack or replace the spring pack. The newer ones use a spacer or new coils and the spacer is cheap in price. Chris

·
793 Posts

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
I like the looks of the kit. I would like to see some pictures too.
The one thing that bothers me a bit. Is the spacers for the track bar. Does that put more load on the bolts than in the stock configuration? I also thought that if you do a two inch on the front you needed to have longer brake lines. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

·
156 Posts
the spacers go right between the frame and the track bar, and no there is now problem with the brake line length, I just did it Sat.

·
313 Posts
Ok, guys I got a response and here is what he says

"Our rear blocks will work but unless it is the coil spring front end our
front kit will not work".

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Jarod's gerbils said:
the spacers go right between the frame and the track bar, and no there is now problem with the brake line length, I just did it Sat.
Jarod I think I confused you with my question. I read one time that in order to use a 2" coil spring spacer you had to have longer brake lines. From what you are saying you found that to not be the case. Correct?

I still wonder about the strength of the bolts with the track bar spacers. Just seems to me that you would be putting more side load on the threads of the bolt. I'm going to show the picture to one of engineers and see what he thinks..

On Edit: What one of our engineers said was this. For it to be as strong as it was originally. You would need the same amount of contact area between the frame and the bracket. But then he also said he did not think the mod with the spacers was very little if any less strong as in it's original form.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was with Jarod when he did his leveling kit. The only problem with these kits are they push the axle over(change the angle of the track bar) to the drivers side about 3/4 of an inch. Now that doesn't seem like alot but it's very noticable when looking down the sides of your truck.Tires stick out one side but not the other..I wonder how many others have this happen as well with just adding spacers?

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
bagstroke said:
I was with Jarod when he did his leveling kit. The only problem with these kits are they push the axle over(change the angle of the track bar) to the drivers side about 3/4 of an inch. Now that doesn't seem like alot but it's very noticable when looking down the sides of your truck.Tires stick out one side but not the other..I wonder how many others have this happen as well with just adding spacers?

So are you saying even with the spacers for the track bar the front end is not centered under the truck?

·
Registered
598 Posts
wastedwagesracing said:
So are you saying even with the spacers for the track bar the front end is not centered under the truck?
No just the spring spacers..We haven't recieved the sway bar spacers yet...Hope that will fix it??

·
156 Posts
And no, you do not need longer brake lines for this kit if you havent figured that out yet. Would still like to know if anyone has put these kits in or any kind of leveling kit and had to fix this problem with the axle shift?

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
I have a 4.5" lift,..and I haven't needed to do anything with my brake lines,...so you should be good.

I don't trust the "track bar spacers"...that looks like a nightmare waiting to happen....will it break...dunno....but i wouldn't trust it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts