The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
repost

Still think it looks like crap with those wheels and tires, and still scared and dissapointed with the suspension.

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
thetonka said:
repost

Still think it looks like crap with those wheels and tires, and still scared and dissapointed with the suspension.
One theres nothing to be scared about on that suspension, two that truck will probly be barly driven and three, what have you produced that looks like that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have never build a mall-crawler-trailer queen. My '52 Willys was a trail truck and my superduty is a tow rig.

Thats not to say I am against mall-crawler-trailer queens. I used to be heavily involved in truck clubs a long time ago and had a show truck which was in one show, took second and 3 weeks later I scratched off a bunch of paint on some rocks. :Thumbup: Ever since then it was a trail truck.

With the sharp angles and short lengths on those panhard rods there is plenty to be afraid of with that suspension. Any upward travel in the rear is going to shift the rear dramatically and any upward travel in the front will do the same as well as cause serious bump steer problems. Not a well thought out suspension IMHO. As long as it stays on the road and is limited to a very little suspension travel and no bocy roll he should be OK. LOL

As I said in the other post, it really is a shame people spend all this time and money on a nice truck(personal preference of rims and tires aside) and take a short cut on something so important that really wouldn't have cost that much more time or money.

But I digress. Other than the suspension, and tires, its a really good looking truck.

·
3,754 Posts
That black and blue truck is super sharp

·