The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are stock trim pieces that came off the top of the tail gate of newer Chevy trucks. The longer one came off a full size and the shorter one came from a step side full size. They are in great shape and ready to bolt on.

Call: 706-984-0870 and please leave a message.

Attachments

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Newer as in what years? I need one for a 2000 Silverado.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
what exactly do these things do?..just curious.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they are from a 2000 but I am not sure. I was working at a custom shop back then and we were taking them off the new Chevys that would roll in.

The are a protective trim piece that have a curve biult in for easier grip.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Brother if one will fit Chum let me know. I hate having the holes exposed back there. I mean she is a pretty truck, ya know.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, like I said we were removing them from brand new trucks and I was working at the shop in 2000. I feel pretty safe in saying it will fit your truck. I did not really think about shipping it though. I can wrap it up in something and send it out if you pay for the shipping.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Deal, I need the longer (wider) of the two. The shorter one is for a step-side, correct?

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is correct. I will have to locate some packing material. I have no idea what it will cost to ship. It is very light, but I would hate to guess.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Just let me know and how to pay. I have one on-order but that, like my new grille and rear bumper seem to be lost in shipment. Luckily, I did not have to pay up-front.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cannot beleive the calls I am getting on those things. I put them on Craigslist for five bucks just to get rid of them. i tried selling them several times before. Now I am getting calls out the ***.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
I'd snag these in a heartbeat if they were for a Dodge!:happymugs

I would have thought you would get alot of interest on these. They are super handy at protecting your tailgate for sure!!

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Does this mean Craigslist beats out my dibs on the fleetside model?

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They will fit a Dodge. I had a bunch of these that I used on severl different trucks.

I am not sure yet. I do have a strict policy of first pay first serve. I have found that is the best way to prevent hard feelings. I just want them gone, the quicker the better as far as I am concered.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
How much is shipping (40361)?

Are they tore up at all?

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shipping is an issue right now. They are considered over sized the the Post Office will gouge the hell out of you. Not to mention the hassle.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
The trim piece came in just before I left. Thanks again!!

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Now I need to get off my butt and find my box of GM plastic push retainers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts