The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug: how hard is the cold air, i herd can be a ***** due to the cutting of fan shrowd. at least that is what my dad was told when installed on his 04 6L. mine is an 03 7.3 2wd. I also want to install the exhuast myself. I have some expierience from schooling and when i was a mech. at u-haul working on there 7.3's in there internationals. But of course i won't have the big bumper jack we had to get the clearence under my truck. what, a whole weekend? thax any input greatly appriciated. :smoke :woot:

·
504 Posts
Cold Air on a 7.3 is a piece of cake. Completely different setup than on a 6.0. The exhaust isn't bad either. If it is going to replace the downpipe too, a reciprocating saw would be helpful.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
put a reply in your other thread in the other forum... others too

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The AFE stage 2 only takes about 30 min for someone with out much mechanical experience. The exhaust will be easier than the 6.0 was. I think you will be ok to do it your self.

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thank you all

:damnit sorry i cant respond faster my 2yr old took all my keys off my comp. it really makes it hard to type.:nunu: :nunu: :nunu: :pissed: :crybaby2: :ph :shootself: :cry:

·
Registered
7 Posts
KT Performance said:
The AFE stage 2 only takes about 30 min for someone with out much mechanical experience. The exhaust will be easier than the 6.0 was. I think you will be ok to do it your self.
Ditto. Just did mine last night in the driveway with the hood light, a small flashlight in about that timeframe. Easy cheese. Can let you you know about the exhaust tomorrow. :cool:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
potshot said:
Ditto. Just did mine last night in the driveway with the hood light, a small flashlight in about that timeframe. Easy cheese. Can let you you know about the exhaust tomorrow. :cool:
You should be very happy with it, especially once you finish your exhaust. What else do you have done to your truck?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed 4 inch exhaust on my 7.3 and the only problem i had was the old factory tailpipe rubber mounts were not in the correct location for my new muffler, had to redrill in the frame to line everything up,, work good now,,,,,,one other thing, i didn't take off the tranny heat shield and the stupid thing rattles sometimes had to wire it real tight, make sure you do that first,,,

·
I DRIFT DIESELS
39 Posts
i put the 5 inch turbo back from jegs on my truck, took about 4 hours by myself, the downpipe was the hardest thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts