The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy with a 08 Powerstroke. He is wanting to put a chip in it, but really isn't worried about how much power, just mostly fuel mileage. So what is the best suggestion for him?:shrug: I don't know much about them and was looking for some advice to give him. Thanks for any info and any help.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Must not be a chip out for them that helps the fuel milage yet? Any suggestions here would be helpfull for him. THanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chip Help

Prior to doing a tremendous amount of research i bought a superchips flashpaq. I got an additional 115 hp and approx 200 lb of torque. My fuel mileage increased approximately 3-4 mpg's, as long as u keep your foot out of it. If that is as far as he wants to go i would still recommend it highly. :sly:

I, on the other hand, have an addictive personality and want more power. :damnit

If i had the choice again i would proabably go with spartan's setup with a dpf delete. :woot:

·
39 Posts
dfuser,

What programmer do you recommend? I have not seen much about the edge on this forum, i had the edge for my '03 6.0. Do you need to remove the DPF with any of these?

Thanks

Rob

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
The SCT is pretty awsome. Don't know the mileage increase yet but the power and shifting is amazing.

·
43 Posts
HHO generator

I have just order my HHO Generator. This take H2O (water) and with a DC current separates the two molecules to there basic form H2 & O2. The H2 (Hydrogen) is burnt as a fuel that helps with power and fuel economy. The unit is piped in the air plenum and can be removed. The capital cost is about want you would pay for a tuner and pay for it’s self in weeks at $4.00 gal. What sold me was a coworker of mine did it and he claims that he is seeing 4 MPG gains and it does get better. The web page tells a lot more with video. Do a search on HHO Generator and judge you self.
Good luck
John

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
4613 said:
The shifting on the '08's isn't adjustable with SCT as of now!
Umm, yea it is. :deal:

·
43 Posts
hho generator

I am not adding water to the engine. This separates the molecules to (H2 & O2) into a gas, O2 is oxygen that we need for combustion and in the air we breathe (19 to 21%)
H2 (Hydrogen) is a combustible gas. This gas is used to assist diesel fuel with its load and thus using less diesel fuel. I hooked mine up yesterday and you can feel a change in the pick-up. As for the trucks MPG, I’m getting 7mile the gal more. At diesel prices at over $4 a gal it will pay for its self quick. Again look the web site on HHO generator

·
43 Posts
hho generator

I am not adding water to the engine. This separates the molecules to (H2 & O2) into a gas, O2 is oxygen that we need for combustion and in the air we breathe (19 to 21%)
H2 (Hydrogen) is a combustible gas. This gas is used to assist diesel fuel with its load and thus using less diesel fuel. I hooked mine up yesterday and you can feel a change in the pick-up. As for the trucks MPG, I’m getting 7mile the gal more. At diesel prices at over $4 a gal it will pay for its self quick. Again look the web site on HHO generator

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
We have seen good results from the Edge Juice/Attitude so far. Leaves no trace for warranty purposes, and its really easy to hook, with built in gauges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts