The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this isn't for me, but one of my buddies is looking for a reliable chip to put in his 05 6.0. He was asking me about a SCT, but i really know nothing about what chips are good or bad for the Fords. So hopefully someone here can help me out and let me in on what is the best. He wants someting that is going add good power, fuel milage, and that is reliable. Any information is greatly appreciated. thanks again.:shrug:

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah sct is probally the best thing out there for a 6.0. i got mine from innovative diesel he programmed it with his race tune and i love it

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
As mentioned, you'll have to go with a programmer like the SCT.
There is no "chip" for a 6 0

I would go with the SCT Xcal2 from Innovative or Elite.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
SCT From DJ! Get the LOONEY!

·
162 Posts
banks,
noticed that our trucks are pretty similar - well at least the 'base' is. I also have a '04 F350 Dually with 4.10s with Torqshift.

Currently have a Hypertech III. I usually keep it on Stage 2 which is supposed to be 80hp/131tq. I am actually happy with that power level but am getting the SCT because of 'other' features.

I just ordered a SCT from DJ. I am thinking of getting the Tow, Tow Aggressive files. I am unsure about the last file.

Daily driver & towing duty. Tow a 38' TPD goose race car hauler approx. 10-11k. Any suggestions on files?

Thanks, Mike

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Get the Tow File, Street File and Looney Tune. We have towed our 12.5k Boat with the looney tune, it's doable, just keep an eye on your gauges and don't run it too hard. If you plan on towing alot, use the tow file with aggressive downshifting. Its amazing. We run the Looney Everyday, it shifts awesome and can be smooth below half throttle, but once you go past, HANG ON! she's gonna wanna take off and go. LOL

·
571 Posts
The SCT is the best choice. It can hold up to 3 tunes of his choice and they can be anything from a mild 50 or so hp economy tune to a 150hp race tune. As far as reliablility the SCT also has the best trans control and has the ability to adjust shift firmness as well as shift points and can read cel codes and recalibrate for tire size changes.

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information on this, I really didn't know what to tell the guy when he asked what was the best. SO thanks to everyone on the information here!:thanks:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts