The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been covered before, but do you have to have stock as position number 1 on a 4-16 position chip or can you do away with it altogether. i know if a chip goes bad it defaults back to position 1 so couldn't it default back to say a 40 tow program just as safely as to stock. It just seems like a waste of a spot to have stock when i doubt anyone ever uses it? Any input is appreciated.

·
Super limo owner
1,122 Posts
You do not have to have any of the settings stock. I have a 4 pos and If I want stock ill unplug it.

·
6,337 Posts
I agree, I had a stock on the DI chip, the ATS chip doesnt... I dont miss it!!! LOL

·
0 Posts
The only reason to have it is if you are going to somewhere where there are valet drivers and you don't want them hotrodding the truck. Or if you are going to loan your truck to your Brother In Law. Fo Sho don't want him hotrodding the truck.

·
4,024 Posts
4cstr said:
The only reason to have it is if you are going to somewhere where there are valet drivers and you don't want them hotrodding the truck. Or if you are going to loan your truck to your Brother In Law. Fo Sho don't want him hotrodding the truck.

LOL LOL That would be the day I'd let either of those drive My truck!!

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diesel Dog said:
LOL LOL That would be the day I'd let either of those drive My truck!!
I agree completely I 've valeted cars before and lets just say we weren't always nice to them. And thanks for the input guys.

F

·
0 Posts
4cstr said:
Or if you are going to loan your truck to your Brother In Law. Fo Sho don't want him hotrodding the truck.
Why not? Your hotrodding his sister :shrug: :sofa LOL I should not have said that LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts