The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was just curious. I have been lurking on this site longer than I have been a member, but I have noticed an enormous amount of pro smoke pics and comments. Seems alot of folks like to waste fuel...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
some kid s think its cool to have a bunch of smoke

·
452 Posts
Honestly I am amazed at the number of people that call me for chips and the question they seem to be most concerned with is "How much will it smoke?".

I have actually had customers that have plainly told me they do not care about fuel milage or more power as long as it has a alot of smoke.

What is wrong with that picture??:damnit:damnit

Reactions: korg70kbc

·
Registered
162 Posts
It makes zero sense to me. It would be cheaper to just put a big sign up in the back window, "I Drive A Diesel".

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
" ace,140 smoke"
smoke setting'?
but your saying some kids?
just throwin it out there.

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts

·
452 Posts
In all honesty Banks is not a Joke. Banks has done alot for the diesel industry over the years and offers very good products. Banks just does not have the same perspective as alot of us do and we all tend to poke fun at him.

My personal opinion of Banks products is they are great for the people that are looking for a little extra power and fuel milage but are worried about how safe the mods are for their trucks and do not want any smoke at all.

If you want smokeless totally SAFE power for your daily driver or tow rig then Banks is the ticket for you.

Banks produsts are not meant for the all out power hungry people that go to the track every weekend to compete or that want smoke and flames rolling out of their exhaust.

I tend to sell alot of Banks products to the older crowd as Banks has a name that has been around for years and that makes them feel safe.....:thumbsup

·
Registered
162 Posts
I tend to sell alot of Banks products to the older crowd as Banks has a name that has been around for years and that makes them feel safe.....

:gaah
Its all over the internet that I am older!! :haha

Thank you though for your post. I was thinking of a way to address that opinion when ya beat me to it. But it is true. Banks is a safe well proven system that gives me all the power I need. I never worry I am hurting my motor or trans, and unless I am up around 10000 ft plus I dont waste fuel out of the pipe. Truely I installed it for the fuel milage results. The only thing I have left to try is electric radiator fans.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here goes guys...since we lost all of our info here's a list to get started on chips/tuners for the 7.3.

DP Tuner (www.dp-tuner.com)
Tony Wildman (www.totaldieselperformance.com)
David Lott (www.dieselinnovations.com
Swamps Diesel (www.swampsdiesel.com)

Several others that I can't remember. Post 'em up if you got them!!!

and GAL here!! Thanks, I needed this info, ANd I do NOT like tons of smoke, just performance, better mpg etc.
Thanks again for the infor

·
812 Posts
i love my wildman and dont know if i want to change any time soon. my friend had a DP tuned for his pickup and it ran like crap. so he put the banks that came in it back in and it runs way better then the DP ever did. with that said i still would never buy anything banks and makes me think twice about buying a DP.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i love my wildman and dont know if i want to change any time soon. my friend had a DP tuned for his pickup and it ran like crap. so he put the banks that came in it back in and it runs way better then the DP ever did. with that said i still would never buy anything banks and makes me think twice about buying a DP.
There was something wrong with the connections, or the chip needed some adjustments. There is no way a Banks tuned truck should run better than a DP tuned truck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
There is no way a Banks tuned truck should run better than a DP tuned truck.
Something I learned very quickly working in EMS, never say NEVER. And people who only deal with or only recognize absolutes, leave no room for knowledge gain. My two cents...

·
812 Posts
there was something wrong with the tuning for sure. and i didnt like the conections from the chip to the guage switch. so it just makes me hink twice before i buy a DP

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Something I learned very quickly working in EMS, never say NEVER. And people who only deal with or only recognize absolutes, leave no room for knowledge gain. My two cents...
If I hadn't been in the situation, driving a Banks tuned truck, and the same day turning around and driving it with Jody's tunes, I wouldn't have said it. While the power might have been about the same, the drivability wasn't even close.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts