The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Hey all,

I'm looking at modifying a medium duty truck in to a custom truck for myself. I've seen similar builds before (like the Freightliner sport truck) where people shorten the frame of a MD truck and put a pickup bed on it, and I've also seen other build where people take class8 trucks with a sleeper and make them in to a pickup of sorts.

I'm looking at something a little different. I want to take a class 6 truck like an international 4000 series or a Freightliner FL60 and take the cab off and instead of making a 4 door can like the sport truck, I'd replace it with a class 8 cab with a sleeper. Then I want to shorten the wheelbase and have about a 10' flatbed on the back.

Has anyone done this before or know of one like it? It seems simple enough, but I'm sure there's some hidden challenges that I'm not seeing.

Also, I wonder if the hoods from a Freightliner/international class 6 truck would mate up with the cabs from their class 8 counterparts? If so that would make things a little easier.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
I fixed the title.

I have seen a few with flat beds. The LoPro 4000 series IH uses the 8100's hood, if that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts