The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any tips/tricks to more easily clean mud out from under the ender carriage? thanks

dan

F

·
0 Posts
There is no easy way...this is what I do. Load the truck on my flatbed (so it is up above you) fire up the power washer and prepare to get wet and dirty! Then srpay some degreaser...let it sit, then powerwash again. Let it dry for a day or two, then cover it all in 3M rubberized undercoating. Just did my 2004, looks great!

·
1,836 Posts
I made a 6 foot wand for the pressure washer.

Park it on the trailer and wash the other side, change wands and do the near side.

I usually wear a slicker and boots with a face shield. Still get dirty.

keydl

·
TDG SinglesClub Member#90
497 Posts
I just go to the car wash and get down on my knees and spray up under the truck. I prly look like a psycho idiot but oh well atleast i know my truck is clean!!!

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I like the way you do things dazed. That's how I do it at work with all the equipment I have to rebuild. Maybe I should start on my 72 and clean the undercarriage, it has 36 years of crap under it.

·
523 Posts
I power washed it a few times.. now that its stays fairly clean I just throw the Sprinkler under the truck and let it run a while and go and do something else for a while.. come back and change the area and tap the frame with a golf club lol

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
It's all about keeping up on it... I *still* haven't gotten around to doing it to the F-250 yet. The easiest and best way to do it is to get the truck as high as possible off the ground. Soak it, then spray a degreaser/cleaner such as Simple Green or APC. Let it soak for a bit, then spray it all off with the power washer. It will probably be necessary to scrub a bit. Let it dry, then spray with Meguiar's Hyperdressing. Here's a few pics of my buddy's F-250 undercarriage...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I go to our local automatic car wash just for cleaning under the truck. It has a spray bar on the ground that you pull over while your entering the wash bay. I know i look like an idiot when i go there cause i will pull over it and then back up numerous times. Just a thought, at least you wont have to get dirty and wet .

·
Registered
77 Posts
For cleaning my undercarriage, I like to hose everything down first to remove all of the heavy mud and dirt. Then spray everything with a good All-Purpose Cleaner. For the dirtier areas I like to use a scrub brush or old wash mitt to clean the under-body thoroughly.

Once the undercarriage is dry, I then hit all of the exposed metal, plastic, and rubber areas with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray. Not only does the Undercarriage Spray make my rig's underside look good, it also protects it from the elements the next time i drive it. That way almost any dirt or grime I run through will just fall right off the next I hit it with the hose or a pressure washer.

-Dale

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
GilroyRacing said:
I just go to the car wash and get down on my knees and spray up under the truck. I prly look like a psycho idiot but oh well atleast i know my truck is clean!!!
Hey, I do the same thing. I always forget my knee pads or shorts though and end up leaving with wet spots on my jeans from the floor. Oh well, price ya gotta pay for a clean undercarraige.... Speaking of which I should go do this tomorrow or saturday.... hmmmm

·
TDG SinglesClub Member#90
497 Posts
^^^ hahaha I know!!! i've been meaning to pick up a pair of knee pads just for that reason.

I always leave the car wash wetter then my truck.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
i got some knee pads that i no longer use from when i was working construction, now im in a warehouse all day long so no longer need them. heh

·
1,660 Posts
For cleaning my undercarriage, I like to hose everything down first to remove all of the heavy mud and dirt. Then spray everything with a good All-Purpose Cleaner. For the dirtier areas I like to use a scrub brush or old wash mitt to clean the under-body thoroughly.

-Dale

Dale i do the same thing but i use a low glossed tire dressing. Is the Adams invisible undercarriage different than tire dressing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
mattsn said:
Dale i do the same thing but i use a low glossed tire dressing. Is the Adams invisible undercarriage different than tire dressing?

Hey Matt,

Once you spray the Invisible Undercarriage on the underside of your rig, it will look "somewhat" shiny for a few minutes. Then once it dries, (takes about twenty minutes depending on the weather), it will leave a low-gloss matte finish.

Yes, it is different from our VRT in that it is not water-based and the IUS is in a liquid form. These differences give the Undercarriage Spray better longevity and is easier to apply.

If you would like, email me at [email protected] with your address and I will send you off a little sample to try.

Thanks,

-Dale

·
1,660 Posts
thanks Dale,

this spring ill give it a try along with a few other of your products. Ill be in touch with you to get your personal suggestions. thanks

·
324 Posts
Well I have a buddy who has access to a 20000lb CAT fork truck and we lift our truck up so we can literally walk underneath them and use the industrial power washer that they have. Next time we do it I will try to get some pictures. Looks crazy and we have even has the cops stop by and ask us if we had been drinkin' usually there is abou two or three cases of beer sittin' around so he gets a pretty easy answer. But what the he!! our trucks are clean

1 - 20 of 28 Posts