The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i check to see if my wheel bearings are going bad?

I was told both front wheel bearings were replaced when i bought the truck. But driving down the road and then hitting the brakes i hear a clicking noise coming from what sounds like a wheel bearing on both sides of the truck.

It started with the passenger side first and then it started doing it on both sides.

It has been doing this now since i have owned the truck with is going on 1 year.

If i am turning with the windows down i can hear it pretty loud. But everything in the front end feels and looks tight.

Has anyone else ran into a this problem of a clicking noise? I check the caliper brackets and pads also thinking they might be rocking in the bracket or the bracket it self was rocking but it is solid also.

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i posted the same info on another forum and got the same response. I am going to check them out this weekend.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Stop into a local tire shop and ask if they will inspect it for free and possibly show you the problem...

Or...

Ask the local tire shop how to properly inspect all the different joints so you can hunt down you clicking noise yourself.

A lot of time the human body by itself can not create the exact conditions that create the noise. But with the proper knowledge and tools you'll be able to find it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts