The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 01 when I hit a bump there is a clunk noise coming from the drivers side front end. I tried to chesk everything out this afternoon and didn't come up with much. There is no movement from the ball joints, the sway bar link seem to be tight and everything is solid on the steering. I removed the lower bolt on the shock and it drops down slowly. I can push it all the way back in using two hands. This seems like it might be getting weak, but I'm not sure that was the cause. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
2,821 Posts
I think the Sway Bar End Links are deceiving when checking them. Ford replaced them and my Ball Joints last spring. I believe that the Links wear fairly easy. I wish I could find urethane bushings for them or get them with the urethane bushings. Chris

·
TDG Mafia Member #82
1,092 Posts
Also check your track bar if its loose at all it will clunk........I think its gotta be cranked down to like 400+ lbs to be considered tight

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
check wheel barrings i had a buddy that had this happen to him. Bad thing is we have unit barrings that cost like 300 and some bucks a piece. stick your head out the window and watch the tire when you hit a bump and see if it goes from side to side then it is wheel barrings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts