The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so Im not a Dodge guy but the wife has one so i need to know... How can i tell if my dodge has an 1 1/4 input shaft or 1 3/8 input shaft? heres the specs on the truck.. im in iraq so visual checks are a no go for me.

99 2500 5.9 24 valve with a 6 speed transmission. i was told that with the 1999 :bang: 6sp trannys it could go either way.. 1 1/4 or 1 3/8

on edit: was talking to a LUK clutch rep and he assures me that the 99's only came in a 5sp...:poke sooo thats no help at all..

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
99 with a six was sold as a model year 2000, that truck has a 1 1/4 input shaft with a 12 1/14inch disk! My friend has the same set up. The only clutch south bend offeres for that truck is the Rally clutch good for 350hp and 400ftlbs. Other wise you need to swap the input shaft. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
25 Posts
99 with a six was sold as a model year 2000, that truck has a 1 1/4 input shaft with a 12 1/14inch disk! My friend has the same set up. The only clutch south bend offeres for that truck is the Rally clutch good for 350hp and 400ftlbs. Other wise you need to swap the input shaft. Hope that helps!
You are correct about the size of the clutch and input shaft for his truck but we do offer the 13" upgrades the that transmission that do not require the upgraded input shaft. Feel free to call or email with any questions.

Peter

·
Inline Junky!
1,705 Posts
You are correct about the size of the clutch and input shaft for his truck but we do offer the 13" upgrades the that transmission that do not require the upgraded input shaft. Feel free to call or email with any questions.

Peter
Thanks for the info peter!! I better look into things alittle harder next time!! :wedgie

Are you Mr. South Bend Clutch?
Peter works at South bend clutch and is a suporting vender here at TDG~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts