The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I guess it's about time to replace the factory one. got abotu 101k out of it. Here's my problem, I pull out into traffic today going uphill and raining. I hit a big pothole and get the backend spinning due to it, I shift to third to try and get the rear to slow some and I already had a good momentum going. All of a sudden my truck revs to about 3k and slows way down and I only see about 5 mph on the speedo:damnit . I let up immediately and get drowned in nice whitish smoke. I pull over let it cool (whether or not this works I don't know it just made me feel good, plus I had to get out of traffics way). On the way home I dogged it to see if it would slip again, but with no avail.

did I just glaze over the clutch like brakes can do and it faded, or did I give it a good burn up? I will take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can see anything but heck, I don't know what to look for other than damage from wear and tear.

Cory

B

·
0 Posts
Cory, I would just go ahead and get ready to put another one in. Once it starts slipping it will not stop and will get progressively worse over time. I would put a good SBC in it when you get the funds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the SBC OFE, I got a couple pm's to CB and Wes

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was pullin trees when mine finally went, had white smoke comin in thru the vents, it was somthin to see.Had a load of firewood on and a steep hill out to the road.Igot about 5 miles of steadily slower travel before it finally wouldnt go anymore.Had my SBC con ofe ready and was runnin the next day.Would recommend rear seal at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts