The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 2500 2wd with 19000 miles on it and the stupid clutch is allready slipping what would be a good after market clutch for my truck. All iv got on it is a Dr. P box for now but iv got plans for it later on, Anywas what is the best brand of clutch to run.

·
567 Posts
i'd recommend southbend clutch......quite of few of my buddies have them and they hold well and customer service is great

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was talken to the local diesel performance shop and they told me i needed to upgrade the flywheel too. Is this true.

·
567 Posts
yes they have a dual mass flywheel....the rivets break

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put a Valair clutch in my 02. It's just a little noisy at idle, but to get a good clutch rated at 450 hp for around 500 bucks, i'm not complaining

·
Its Cute Aint it!!
684 Posts
South bend all the way. I love mine. Pulls good and not much noise but have runn it bout 25000 miles and so far so good. Customer service is great and if your not sure which one to get. Tell them what you do with the truck and all thta good stuff and they can help you out.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok next question Organic, Organic / Feramic, Full Feramic, Ceramic, or Kevlar Facings which one do i need to go with.

·
99 Posts
Those would be the kind of questions for Peter at SB. What plans do you have for HP in the future? If no more than 450hp con ofe will be good to go for you and I've heard of them holding up to 600hp. From what others have said it's also not as much of a pain to back up heavy trailer with an ofe as it is the others. As close to a stock feeling clutch as you can get only it'll hold the power. When the time comes I'm getting an ofe..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts