The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the turbo pedestal o-rings last Saturday and upon completion the truck ran with a miss as on 7 cylinders. I went back and double checked all work performed and was not able to identify the problem. Pulled valve covers and all uvc harness appears to be OK nothing visual. Also ran continuity test from IDM plug through entire harness, all checked OK. Replaced glow plugs and reinstalled VC's. Took truck to a friend who has a new diagnostic tool but is not familiar with exactly how to use it yet. Following codes were shown during injector test.

SOFT CODES
P1293 High side open bank 1
P1273 Cylinder 3 High to low side open
P1275 " 5 "
P1276 " 6 "
P1277 " 7 "
P1278 " 8 "
P1298 Ignition Diagnostic Failure

HARD CODES
P603 Internal control module KAM Failure
P1280 Integrated Control Panel Circuit Out of Range Low

Which side is bank 1 ??
What does High to Low side Open mean??

Truck is listed below and does have Tony's Chip installed..

Any Help Greatly Appreciated Thanks

·
25 Posts
Bank one is the passanger side of engine, they are #1,3,5 & 7 holes. Drivers side is 2,4,6 & 8. The pcm monitors each injector on 2 wires and it expects to see resistance value of the solenoid. When the solenoid goes open or a wire is cut or the terminals become spread and do not make contact the PCM does not see its desired value, than it logs a code for open circuit from high side to low side. The high side is the voltage coming out of PCM and low side is the return signal back to PCM.
I would clear the codes and than run the buzz test and see if any of the codes come back. If the code comes back you need to measure the resistance on that circuit, should be 3.5ohms of resistance thru solenoid.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was listed as "P 603 Internal Control Module KAM failure" which I am told is a result of the performance chip installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts