The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the DD after a short drive today just to see if anything was sitting on their. Noticed these Codes were on the a-Ford Specific list.

P1000- Systems Readiness Test Not Complete. (Doesn't sound major)

P2291 Injector Control Pressure Too Low - Engine Cranking

The second one has me a bet nervous. And to make it worse, after i checked the codes and turned it off i heard some dripping noises. So i get out and here tons of liquid noises. I thougt i hade either one emptied the Degas or two not tightened the oil filter in the engine bay tight enough. Turns out it was just A orange water cooler that had dumped all the water out.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Colton. Put it back to stock and see if the code comes up. If it does. Make an appointment at the dealer after a regen.

Something like that you dont want to take chances on. I've seen the after math of a bad injector. Not pretty.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bang Really, Back to stock? That sucks.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
If you do it tonight. In the morn when the truck is cold fire it up and do a complete warm up cool down cycle and check for the code. Better safe then sorry man.

Hopefully it is the HPFP. Then you can UPGRADE. Weeeeeeeeee

I want mine to granade soon so putting on the FASS and Zex is worth while.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do it tonight. In the morn when the truck is cold fire it up and do a complete warm up cool down cycle and check for the code. Better safe then sorry man.

Hopefully it is the HPFP. Then you can UPGRADE. Weeeeeeeeee

I want mine to granade soon so putting on the FASS and Zex is worth while.
Cant do it tonight, its already 10pm and im not ready yet. Good thing about taking off the DPF/DOC is that i can spray them with grill paint.

Ive heard some bad stories also where an injector messed up and scarred a piston. I dont plan on letting that happen. I wouldnt mind getting an Airdog 150 to replace the stocker though. :D But motor mods are not on the important list with dad. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts