The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 2000psd with a DP Chip and it is throwing this code. Does this mean the computer is failing? I thought with a chip it doesn't throw a code. Or is there something else wrong. Another thing we've noticed is the truck doesn't start to well, I don't know if that is related or not. Any help is appreiated.

·
2,509 Posts
That is a code that is pretty common, and I cant cant say where I have ever seen where it was cousing a problem. I think that code could be caused from low voltage, so if you batteries are getting weak and the engine is not turning over very good it could be related to the hard start.

have you checked your glow plugs and relay yet?

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has fresh batteries and the glow plugs check out find. It is a fresh rebuild and we are still seating the rings, so I don't know if that has anything to do with the hard starting. Also, we are using a set of ad injectors for break in and there condition is unknown and it sometimes throws a #6 contibution fault, so I'm hopeing it is the injectors causing a hard start. My main concern was that p0605 code and if it affected anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts