The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cummins POWER
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while driving the trucks Rpm's will jump 200-300 rpms then go down the codes are 122-APPS voltage imput below the min. accetable voltage, 500-no vehicle speed sensor signal. Would i just have to replace this sensor? thanks for any imput.

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
Ya try speed sensor first think its only $30-45 at performance.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
while driving the trucks Rpm's will jump 200-300 rpms then go down the codes are 122-APPS voltage imput below the min. accetable voltage, 500-no vehicle speed sensor signal. Would i just have to replace this sensor? thanks for any imput.
P0500 - Speed sensor error. Remember there is 3 sensors in the system 2 in the front axle and 1 in the rear axle if the speedometer is functional the rear sensor is good. If there is no ABS light I won't worry... You spun your rear tires and confused the computer...:haha

As for the P0122 code you could do the APPS reset.
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/tips/cummins/2ndgen24v/apps/apps.htm

Then if that doesn't work try replacement with a timbo's APPS...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/tips/cummins/2ndgen24v/apps/apps-replacement.htm

·
Cummins POWER
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedo works fine ill try reseting it tonight if that dosent work what are the advanges of a timbos and a parts store APPS ?
thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
speedo works fine ill try reseting it tonight if that dosent work what are the advanges of a timbos and a parts store APPS ?
thanks.
APPS sensor is a dealer only item priced at $400+ bucks...

Timbo's is a direct replacement priced at $160...

Advantage enough??? :haha

·
Cummins POWER
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i tried resetting it last night, didnt make a difference..so is it almost positive the APPS is bad? i dont want to spend all of that money on one without being certain this is the prob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts