The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend at work who just bought a new truck and now he is having problems with it. I got these codes off of the odometer today. P0122, P1682, P1693, P1694. I know what the 122 and the 1682 codes are so i had him reset his APPS, and the charging system is fine. So my question is what are these other rwo codes? P1693 DTC from ecm or pcm and P1694, no CCD recieved from ecm. He said he was climbing a hill last night and the power just died out and he was thinking VP, but i was thinking gelling because it was -5 to 8 degrees all day. i'm going to check his pressure this weekend. FYI this truck is all stock.
Thanks

·
3,514 Posts
p1693 is commonly referred to as a companion code. It just means detected trouble code in either PCM or ECM, and it comes up when another code comes up. Or if there is a minor glitch, my Anti-defueler throws that code because it interupts the VSS, I've seen other minor things trip it too. Its just a good indicator to look for other codes.

I don't know anything about the other one though.
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another friend of mine called me up to come rescue him today and these are the codes i pulled off of his truck. P1689, P0254, P1688. After reading the description of the codes i fear that his pump is gone. Is there any electrical schematic anywhere for the fuel system so i can make sure all base's are covered before I change his pump.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Double check the connectors on the ECM and the VP44 thats about it... But if you need wiring diagrams I can screen copy a few for you...:popcorn:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts