The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If any of you guys are thinking about doing this mod...all i can say is WOW...what a difference. stiffened the steering right up..no more factory slop. I also installed new Pitman/Idler arms - stock MOOG replacements as mine were getting worn.

Cognitco UCA's & HD Tierod sleeves are on the way from NorCal. a set of front Bilstein 5100's sittin on the bench in my shop.! after 2.5 years, I finally get to level this truck..

(FYI for us Canadians - note that NorCal Truck will in fact ship via USPS as opposed to UPS...it'll save ya large on borkerage fees and possibly no taxes either. Absolutely Super bunch to deal with.!)

cheers,

stk

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
If any of you guys are thinking about doing this mod...all i can say is WOW...what a difference. stiffened the steering right up..no more factory slop. I also installed new Pitman/Idler arms - stock MOOG replacements as mine were getting worn.

Cognitco UCA's & HD Tierod sleeves are on the way from NorCal. a set of front Bilstein 5100's sittin on the bench in my shop.! after 2.5 years, I finally get to level this truck..

(FYI for us Canadians - note that NorCal Truck will in fact ship via USPS as opposed to UPS...it'll save ya large on borkerage fees and possibly no taxes either. Absolutely Super bunch to deal with.!)

cheers,

stk
Whenever i actually have a decent amount of cash in my bank account i wana start putting some money into this thing, and this sounds like a good one to do:thumbsup

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Whenever i actually have a decent amount of cash in my bank account i wana start putting some money into this thing, and this sounds like a good one to do:thumbsup
:whs

Reactions: BriteWhiteRam

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Guys, tell this GM neophite what this does for the steering. Does it allow for a taller tire, too?

Speak slowly and deliberately. I don't know JACK about IFS compared to SFA.

·
53 Posts
this is a real easy install just need some big wrenches

·
53 Posts
sorry bigger then ur normal sets
i think it was an 1 and15/16 or so

Reactions: Rcannon

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well after doing it all on the front end. I gotta say I am quite happy with all the product. I had lost an upper ball joint on the pass side and an outer tie rod on the drivers side. I needed to replace both and figured what the hey..lets do it.

I installed the cognito UCA's and the shocks. The rest was done at my favourite mechanics place..he did the new Idler/Pitman and cognito braces, tie rods with PPE SS braces , center links and finally the alignment after I cranked up the T bars. I am sure that I could go as noted in other threads to 285's and once I find some nice 17" rims..that is gonna happen.

Cognito is great product and I am happy with it and the help from NorCal as well as my Mechnaic Al.!

BTW the biggest wrench I used was I think a 1 1/16 maybe for the body bolts on the A-Arms..?? that's it I think. Only time I needed a special wrench was a socket at .750 X 33mm I think for doing a wheel bearing assy...that an a 48" strong bar.

cheers,

stk

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
its prety expensive compared to just cranking the keys...the cognito website has prices and one of the dealers on here (might be norcal) has packages you can buy that go from 450ish to like 3k...but that includes EVERYTHING.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I asked a guy around here who does Gm's here in Alberta, he quoted me $2600cnd for all the parts and install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
That's some nice lookin sh*t there. :happymugs

I can't decide if I should start modding my present truck or save my money for a 2011 dually. I only see myself keeping my truck for another 2 years, unless the economy gets worse, then I won't have money for anything. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts