1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
I too wondered how they ride. And if King offers different valving for different applications. (single cab, ex cab, crewcab) Or maybe thats not that necessary. Looks like it should have the potential for the best ridding leveling kit around. Hopefully someone will chime in with some personal knowledge.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too wondered how they ride. And if King offers different valving for different applications. (single cab, ex cab, crewcab) Or maybe thats not that necessary. Looks like it should have the potential for the best ridding leveling kit around. Hopefully someone will chime in with some personal knowledge.
for that price it better have a back flip button

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I have them and all I can say is they look cool sitting in my shop floor LOL
I hope to have them on soon. I will let you know as soon as I can

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Oh cool. Thanx crosstx. I wouldnt mind seein some pictures of how they mount up to the truck also. If you dont mind... Off subject alittle, but have you ever been out to the dunes by Kermit TX? Been thinkin it may be a fun place to take my quads and truck to one weekend. Probably a good place to test out those coilovers too.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them and all I can say is they look cool sitting in my shop floor LOL
I hope to have them on soon. I will let you know as soon as I can
yeah if you could take a couple pics here and there while intalling them, as to how they mount in the coil bucket that would be awsome. but yeah let us know how you like them...

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Oh cool. Thanx crosstx. I wouldnt mind seein some pictures of how they mount up to the truck also. If you dont mind... Off subject alittle, but have you ever been out to the dunes by Kermit TX? Been thinkin it may be a fun place to take my quads and truck to one weekend. Probably a good place to test out those coilovers too.
no problem I will post up all info when I get it done, im trying to decide what to do on trac bar and what not.
truck is going to be in shop for a few more days I got a truck load of goodies going in from Rudy and Elite and cash is getting low LOL
tow compounds, nozzles, rails, BOV, etc...
i will finish suspension next phase sometime in the next 30days. still gotta figure out which way to go on rear also. i need some bags to help sag when loaded trailer is hooked.

·
68 Posts
Keep in mind that some coil overs reduce wheel travel. Most cases it's due to the inner cartridge inside the spring. They do look cool though!

·
139 Posts
I asked about these on another forum a while back, and someone responded saying the guy from Carli said it will reduce wheel travel by 2inches versus if you were to go with just a new coil and shock...... But they still look cool, and I'm not sure that even matters if you're not beating up your truck real bad...

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
hmmm......
I put my truck through alot of abuse just daily driving in West TX oilpatch. I was told that these would improve the ride tremendously. I didnt really want to go w/ the 4.5" lift when it come down to it as much as im towing now a days. 3" seemed just about right. I will look into them a little more as they were a impulse buy one night online.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm......
I put my truck through alot of abuse just daily driving in West TX oilpatch. I was told that these would improve the ride tremendously. I didnt really want to go w/ the 4.5" lift when it come down to it as much as im towing now a days. 3" seemed just about right. I will look into them a little more as they were a impulse buy one night online.
yeah im getting mixxed reviews. i asked on PSN and i got some pics of the carli susp kit wich is a 4.5inch. kinda high for what im after. the ones on truck toys are pretty much a leveling kit correct?

·
139 Posts
hmmm......
Ya, I'll try to find the thread I posted and pm it to you... But who knows? I'm sure they will ride awesome, but the suspension travel if I remember right is 8'' with coilover and 10'' with the coil spring... I think it basically leaves it at stock travel... But I can't imagine them not improving the ride. I don't think travel is going to be an issue unless your out blasting whoops in your truck.....

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
some of the roads around here in the sandhills areas can be pretty whooped out LOL ill get some vids next time we are working that area.
we have yamaha rhinos and polaris rzrs to run our pipelines and they get a hell of a workout by everyone when we get over there on jobs haha I would love my truck to take em like the Carli dodge on youtube

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
As would I... Carli's on my list of wants for the same reason. Dont plan on jumpin it, but would love to be able to take rough terrain at speed when ever I want. And not be as worried as the normal guy... 4.5" with 37's and fiberglass front fenders sounds good to me..... If I could only stop spendin money on other crap.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As would I... Carli's on my list of wants for the same reason. Dont plan on jumpin it, but would love to be able to take rough terrain at speed when ever I want. And not be as worried as the normal guy... 4.5" with 37's and fiberglass front fenders sounds good to me..... If I could only stop spendin money on other crap.
:whs haha

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
me too and I got the fenders already from hanneman :roflol:

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
me too and I got the fenders already from hanneman :roflol:

:D prove it! I'm looking at something like this too. Just fronts? I want 41's under my 4.5"!! haha... I'll need to rear gear tho... DAMN!

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
:D prove it! I'm looking at something like this too. Just fronts? I want 41's under my 4.5"!! haha... I'll need to rear gear tho... DAMN!
I got the fronts and the bedsides 5", I'm hoping to have them on next month. I have quietly been collecting parts and now im trying to get it all installed. My cabs been off for a while. I hope to have it back together and running again sometime next week. Im going to drive it a little bit and make some passes at the track to see what it will do before I lift it and do the fenders.:D

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Any plans for new bumpers? Maybe prerunner style and a few lights? I like the desert racing style stuff, so this should be interesting to watch your progress. I may be able to help you design/build some stuff if you want. And by the way, I have a 3" and 35s in these pics. Just to give you an idea of how it sits...

My work in progress...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts