The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got another one for everybody. I am experiencing a rough loping in my truck during intial startup on cold monings ( below 20 degrees). I have lived in south central Texas most of my life and have not experienced this type of cold weather consistantly (live in NM now). It fires right up, but is louder than usual for a few minutes. Once it warms up, it is fine. I have also noticed that the engine will automatically idle up if left at idle for more than a couple of minutes. Is this a preventitive measure, as I have heard that these 6.0s are not supposed to be left to idle for long periods of time. As soon as I touch the brake it idles back down.

Again thanks to everyone for helping out a 6.0 newby!!!!!!

·
348 Posts
I've got another one for everybody. I am experiencing a rough loping in my truck during intial startup on cold monings ( below 20 degrees). I have lived in south central Texas most of my life and have not experienced this type of cold weather consistantly (live in NM now). It fires right up, but is louder than usual for a few minutes. Once it warms up, it is fine. I have also noticed that the engine will automatically idle up if left at idle for more than a couple of minutes. Is this a preventitive measure, as I have heard that these 6.0s are not supposed to be left to idle for long periods of time. As soon as I touch the brake it idles back down.

Again thanks to everyone for helping out a 6.0 newby!!!!!!
It is a fast idal mod to keep the truck up to temp to help out with carbon build up. And these trucks use high pressure oil to fire injectors so when the oil is cold some truck have. Cold idle issues I would look into getting some rev-x oil additive will work wonders for cold start also will help if you use your engie warmer plugex in.

·
Tyler
63 Posts
also if you really want to make sure everything is ok you could check the resistance on your glow plugs. if its more than 1 ohm of resistance then it could be a bad glow plug... just a possibility\

·
348 Posts
As far as I know you got to get it off the net but it is worth it.

·
348 Posts
Ranger, I am looking at the Rev-x on line and there is Rev x and Rev X distance +. Which one do you recommend?
You want the oil additive they make a diesel additive also that I nav not tried or heard berry much about check out Innovative diesel I know they sell it and you. Can get it off rev x web site to.

·
3,306 Posts
Ranger, I am looking at the Rev-x on line and there is Rev x and Rev X distance +. Which one do you recommend?
like already said there is a rev-x oil additive and the distance+ is a fuel additive. You can get it at Innovative diesel and also Deranged Performance.

·
52 Posts
I Live in Oklahoma and Around 40* my truck starts Rough and Loader and it just bad injectors but runs fine if i plug it in So i would be checking to see if the injectors are bad and if the FICM good

·
348 Posts
Rev x oil treatment will fix most of all cold start problems don't know haw but it does.

·
52 Posts
Rev x oil treatment will fix most of all cold start problems don't know haw but it does.
Lol yea I run royal purple 15w-40but so would 8 new injectors but i may work on 6.0 all day I like the saying drive it tell it's broke and then fix it I try to blow it up every time I drive it but just keep on ticken for a 6.0 I'm rdy for hg got onxy and studs for it an I going to put new injectors and I thinking about going wild on the build port polish intake and heads and possible some bigger valves and then I will run alot better im trying to find a custom cam

·
3,306 Posts
Lol yea I run royal purple 15w-40but so would 8 new injectors but i may work on 6.0 all day I like the saying drive it tell it's broke and then fix it I try to blow it up every time I drive it but just keep on ticken for a 6.0 I'm rdy for hg got onxy and studs for it an I going to put new injectors and I thinking about going wild on the build port polish intake and heads and possible some bigger valves and then I will run alot better im trying to find a custom cam
elite diesel has different cams. Depending on what cam....you will need new pistons to have valve reliefs cut in them...and elite has the pistons for whatever cam you decide to get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts