The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys thinking of painting the sandrail. Any suggestions on what colors we should go with? We don't want all one color. More like a base color then highlighted in another. :shrug: What do you guys think?

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
Does it have a body? Or just tubing. Pics would be nice...

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
it has no body....just the frame tubing.....dont have any pics of it yet. I was thinking of all white with chrome rims, lights, etc......and have a canvas ragtop made of the Confederate Flag..........:shrug: :shrug: just an idea....right now it is dark blue........everything, with white rims. Way too plain. Need to bling bling it out some............

kevin

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
If it's not already done, something you can do to really set your rail apart from the rest is to radius your joints with body filler before painting. This seems like a little thing but believe me it makes a difference in the appearance.

As for color, on the frame I'd go for either bright yellow or a darker metallic red. White is good too and you might want to consider a "pearlescent" white to add a bit of flair. My buddy has a W30 Hurst Olds which, of course, is white but when you get up close, it has pearl highlights. That really makes it custom!

On the rest of the rail I'd go for gloss black on the engine, trans and suspension components. Chrome for the lights, some engine components like the alternator and valve covers and maybe the air filter. Chrome for the wheels and dashboard too.

·
In the passing lane
1,195 Posts
What about color shifting paint on the rails, and a white pearl flame or something, and of course you have to have some chrome.

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
Dump the chrome. It looks cheap. Go with billet or polished aluminum. The filler on the welds is a great idea and looks even greater when done. Gives it that "somethings different but I just can't place it" look. If you want the flag theme stay with one of the colors within...the red the white or the blue. What ever you go with definately get something special about that paint, must have more than just color.

Kinda bums me we sold ours last year.

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
Dump the chrome. It looks cheap. Go with billet or polished aluminum. The filler on the welds is a great idea and looks even greater when done. Gives it that "somethings different but I just can't place it" look. If you want the flag theme stay with one of the colors within...the red the white or the blue. What ever you go with definately get something special about that paint, must have more than just color.

Kinda bums me we sold ours last year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts